Short Video Competition
Join us in a celebration of Malaysia’s diverse heritage, exploring what makes our neighbourhoods so unique and fascinating.
Does your neighbourhood have some heritage worth sharing? We think that every one of them holds a story waiting to be told. Capture it on video and tell us all about it in 90 seconds or less and stand a chance to win the first prize of RM3,000! Second prize worth RM1,500, Third prize of RM1,000 and consolation prizes are also up for grabs!
This competition is open to anyone 18 years old and above.
WHAT IS HERITAGE?
Whether it’s an old bicycle shop that was established in the 1970s, a kopitiam your grandfather used to frequent, or the roti man than still visits you neighbourhood for the past 30 years – we want to hear their stories!
What does it mean to you? Is it old buildings and architecture, a dying trade, a hawker selling traditional food, or perhaps a uniquely Malaysian festival that happens nearby? Choose ONE hidden gem and tell us about it through your images and story.
To help you get started you can consider the following themes as a guide, or choose your own theme to tell your story.
- Disappearing Heritage (Last Chance to See)
- My Neighbourhood’s Best Kept Secret
- Resilient Heritage (Traditions relevant to 21st century issues)
- Unique to Malaysia
- Video must be 30-90 seconds long, in landscape mode and in 1080p.
- Originality and creativity will be rewarded.
- Video must be submitted in an English or, if in another language, English subtitles must be included.
- Video submitted without text or narration will not be accepted.
- No copyrighted materials (music, images, video clips, etc.) may be used for this contest unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest.
- Videos must not have been previously published or premiered
- Video relates well to the topic
- Video has a heart-warming, clear and compelling message
- Video shows imagination, creativity, and inspiration
- Video features strong storytelling skills
- Videography skills
First Prize RM3,000
Second Prize RM1,500
Third Prize RM1,000
9 Notable Submission (Consolation) Prizes of RM500 each
- Submission window: Jan 22 – Apr 30 [UPDATED]
- Judging window – May 1 – May 19
- Winners Announcement – May 20
- Videos should be emailed together with the entry form via WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject header should contain “Neighbourhood Gems Video Competition”
- Think City will not be acknowledging receipt of submissions. Winners will be notified via email.
- Download Competition Entry Form [PDF]
- Think City reserves the right to promote/publicise and re-use videos from the pool of competition submissions in marketing campaigns, with credit to the original creators.
- Think City reserves the right to disqualify any entry that does not meet the abovementioned criteria and submission guidelines
- Decisions made by the judging panel are final