Sustainable Heritage Management Foundation Course
Module 6: CAPSTONE PROJECT
This module will begin on 27th February 2021.
I. INTRODUCTION AND MODULE OBJECTIVES
Congratulations! You have completed the learning components of the Sustainable Heritage Management Foundation Course with the five Modules focusing on the ‘Core Competences’ defined under the new “Competence Framework for Cultural Heritage Management.”
In this Module, you will be undertaking a self-directed practical exercise in applying these Core Competences in the context of your heritage site and home organization. The Capstone Project consists of following items:
1. Sustainability Action Plan (Use PPT template, max 15 slides – submit by 25 Mar 2021)
2. Organizational Competence Development Plan (Use PPT template, max 8 slides – submit by 25 Mar 2021)
3. Individual Portfolio (Use Word template, submit by 22 Mar 2021)
The objective of this activity is to Demonstrate your understanding of the Core Competences in your current work and strengthen your heritage site management to conform with sustainable development principles and contribute to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
You can submit your work by uploading the above items to your individual folder prepared by the organizers. Please make sure to adhere to the deadlines to allow smooth assessment process to follow.
After submission, the teaching teams will provide feedback through an assessment process (presentation, interview, and written test) scheduled in the last week of March 2021 (29 Mar – 1 Apr). Requirements are detailed below:
1. Presentation: Present your Sustainability Action Plan and Organizational Competence Development Plan (12 minutes per person) to the teaching teams and fellow Course participants.
2. Interview: You are invited to an individual interview session with a group of teaching team (10 minutes per person). The questions will be based on the portfolio items that you have submitted.
3. Written test: This will consist of multiple choice/short answer questions that could assess your knowledge on the five categories of the Core Competences. You will be shared access to online test links.
Please note that submitting the Capstone Project and participating in the assessment process is necessary to completing the Sustainable Heritage Management Course successfully. All participants will receive a certificate to acknowledge successful completion of the Course, subject to regular attendance to the Course sessions, submission of required assignments, and participation to the assessment process.